availspace Available Space: happy thanksgiving

Thursday, November 27, 2008

happy thanksgiving

" Swallows"
4" square
currently listed on ebay


For those of you that follow my life on Facebook, you already know that I decided to get a part time job. This was mainly because I was starving for a life outside of my home. I know, i am spoiled rotten, being able to have the choice whether to work or not. I do currently have my teaching gigs as well as time to make and list art to sell, but I must admit, it was not enough for me. I am very happy where I am now.


It started like this really...


I happened to be running errands downtown when I stumbled across a sign in the window of one of my favorite stores. I came home to discuss it with Paul as well as the boys. What a positive response! No, it wasn't a "yippee, can't wait to get you out of here", but more like a "terrific, sounds fun for you!". I went back wrote down the number and called the owner. The next morning I talked to her for a couple of hours and was given the job and a schedule, starting already the next day! Wow! things are really not known to happen that fast here in Norway! Anyway, I started yesterday, loved it, and look forward to going in tomorrow! It seems to be very flexible as well as a fantastic atmosphere. Of course, the best part, is that I work only when the boys are in school/preschool and occasionally a night til 7pm. The clothes are my favorite so I figure I need to keep painting to pay for art supplies as I plan on using my pay for the clothes! See their latest collection here... http://www.noanoa.com/


I also have made some more blocks. Here is the latest one, listed on ebay.



Wishing you all a fantastic holiday! Wish I was there!


1 Comments:

Blogger Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

congrats on the job! the hardest part about working retail in cool stores is trying not to spend my paycheck there! The clothes are beautiful. Love the little girl clothes!!

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home