availspace Available Space: something new

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

something new

I had a class a couple of weeks ago where we collaged and waxed these wooden blocks. My husband cut out some larger one for us to work on as well and voila! I have made my own equiped with some small wooden legs. I think that the general consensus on these were that they are fun to work and that it was relatively simple to obtain a satisifying result. I also thought that these little guys would be the perfect Xmas gift. hint hint.
'
And finally, some snaps from a Sunday afternoon in the park. It is always the same, the kids don't want to go out, but once they get out the door, we have a blast. As you can see, we all had fun at the playground. Have a great week!

5 Comments:

Blogger jennifer black said...

Very cool--both blocks and day at the park. Fun on both accounts!

1:51 PM  
Blogger tangled sky studio said...

the blocks are all kind of awesome...what size are they? i found your blog thru helen amyes and think your work is beautiful! i absolutely get the "getting out the door issue" having 3 myself but almost always worth it...
beth

3:03 AM  
Blogger Julie Brooks said...

I LOVE the blocks! So wish I was nearby to take a class. I'm digging the legs you added too.
Always a joy to see what new stuff you are working on.
Julie =D

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love, LOVE the blocks. They remind me of the 5 rubik's cubes I have in my bedroom.... The family pictures are my favoirte. See you in 2011! ~ Debba

3:10 AM  
Blogger Seth said...

These blocks look fantastic!

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home