availspace Available Space: weekend

Sunday, September 14, 2008

weekend


I have been working quite a bit on a nearly finished 5 ft. canvas that I have made for the kitchen wall. Hubby wanted something "very collage like" with bright colors. Well, he didn't get the palette he wanted but he did get a piece of his own photography - a picture of a car he took while in India. When I saw this photo, I knew that I had to use it somehow.


I used a lot of tranfers in this piece and although I have yet to perfect the technique, I like where it is going and have a bit of inspiration for some newer, larger pieces.


I have also been having a bit of fun working with some paper projects including paper flowers. I love these! I like the size and the fact that they keep their color and don't ever die. Wonderful as we start heading in to the dark months here in Norway.
And finally, the wonderful Angela Cartwright has awarded me with this fantastic Brillante award, something which I am not quite sure that I deserve, but nonetheless, will take it, thank her and pass it on.

There are so many blogs out there that I visit frequently so I will list a few more for your viewing pleasure. Check out the ones in my previous post as well!

Have a great week!

10 Comments:

Blogger Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

Love this piece erika! It's neat seeing your work larger than what I'm used to seeing. I want to move in that direction too.

2:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your art erika. it's so fresh and uncluttered. your blog is lovely too; i stop by frequently after finding it quite by accident, a happy accident. thanks for the inspiration!

5:26 AM  
Blogger Lost Aussie said...

The large canvas piece is awesome. I love the colour palette and the transfers came out beautifully!
Thanks for the bloggy award, I'll play along this week.
:-)
Marie

6:15 AM  
Blogger Kelly Snelling said...

lucky kitchen! the piece is great. i like how you repeated the image of the car with different degrees of coverage/shading. it tells a good story.

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fantastic piece, gal! hubs must be THRILLED! where are you getting all this time to work? kids back in school, yes?? i'm so proud of you, gal, i really am. linked back to you today with the fun facts about me...........go SEE for yourself! love,lovelovelove
the blocks, too! can i steal that idea, too???
xoxoxoxoxox

9:22 PM  
Blogger sf said...

Thanks my darling, who can receive the B.A. often enough???
sarah

5:23 AM  
Blogger Julie Brooks said...

That piece is so cool! and I'm totally diggin on those paper flowers!

10:22 PM  
Blogger etre-soi said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me.

10:03 AM  
Blogger jennifer black said...

That's a fab piece, Erika! I love the other one, too. I'd love to see a photo in context to see it large if you get a chance.

Wonderful work!

2:48 PM  
Blogger The Lone BeaderĀ® said...

I just found your blog! I love this piece with the Yellow car! Very cool! Keep up the great work!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home