availspace Available Space: USA

Friday, July 25, 2008

USA

I can't believe how fast 6 + weeks has gone. It is so nice to be back in the states and I am saddened thinking that it will be about 2 years before we return again. Things change so quickly here and I figure that when we come back again, things will have changed quite dramatically again, especially in the small town where I am from. However, after being gone for so long, I realize all of the things I am thankful for living in a small, European town. I had always thought that things moved in slow motion in Norway but I can see that as I get older, this is something that i actually am starting to appreciate. I also appreciate the fact that my kids can walk to school on their own, that the traffic is very minimal and that our family of 5 can get by with just one car.

We did see The Police (awesome!) and spent the weekend in beautiful Portland, OR. We have also spent time crabbing, shopping and visiting, things which I have now had my fill of.

My blog has been somewhat neglected this summer but I am glad that I took some time away from my everyday life. I have used the summer productively and plan to get home and start the fall with some new art and endeavors.

Wishing you a happy summer so far. See you in the autumn...

8 Comments:

Blogger sf said...

I hope you get the package I sent before you leave for Norway!!
sarah

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

got your email! hav to work tomorrow at my catering gig........but maybe sunday AM? coffee somewhere? call me: you can figure out the area code 341.1035 xoxo wendy

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to live in a small Norwegian town! Just wanted to let you know I love the collage you sent me - so did my mom and grandmother. Thank you for your beautiful art work! Amy

11:16 PM  
Blogger nuje said...

We'll see you in two years. :)

3:44 AM  
Blogger Dans på roser... said...

Hei Erika!
Bare innom for å kikke litt.
Ønsker deg en fin sommer videre, nyt sensommeren.

Klem, Kathrin.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

hi erika~ I hate that I missed seeing you while we were both in seattle at the same time!!! Life got so hectic with the move. Sorry I missed you. Sounds like you guys had a great time here.

4:25 AM  
Blogger CJ Fisher said...

our little town is really so different, isn't it? saddens me that i'd never want to live there again. glad you're home safely and settling in. hope to see you in '10. cj

6:08 AM  
Blogger Lu said...

you are completely right about appreciating having things slow down a little. you have a wonderful blog. I will be sure to visit again.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home