availspace Available Space: happy birthday Norway

Saturday, May 17, 2008

happy birthday Norway

Once again, the 17th of May is here and that means some serious celebrations here in Norway. Folks dress to the nines in their traditional dress or Sunday's best. The school aged children go in the city's parade and then back to their school for games and food. We had a long day with two parades, festivities and finally dinner at friends. 12 hours of celebrations! We're beat! I have some art pieces to share but that will have to wait as I think I would rather share some shots from the day. Gratulere med dagen, Norge!







5 Comments:

Blogger A bird in the hand said...

Happy Birthday, Norge!

(I love all those fabrics on the women's skirts.)

6:42 AM  
Blogger jennifer black said...

What a handsome family you have!

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wowee! love the photos! and your boys are so handsome.........ALL of them!! hope to get to meet and greet you this summer on whidbey! ooxoxox

11:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was thinking of my norwegian friends on Friday and Saturday as they celebrated 17. mai. After living 3 years in Hordaland, (Bømlo, Voss and Utne i Hardanger), I've dreamt of my own Hardanger bunad.
It looks like you had great weather!

Marissa

12:12 AM  
Blogger sf said...

These young men!!! They have grown!
xxo
sarah

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home