availspace Available Space: Rats!

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Rats!

6" square canvas
It is now winter break here in Norway and we are hoping to get up to the slopes for a few days. Believe it or not, we don't get much snow here in southern Norway and have to drive a good hour to see some!
For those of you wondering, the house is coming along, slowly but surely. Noah's room is almost finished and then off to the guest room. This room would of been finished had I not heard noises the other day under the floor. Yes, rats! Soooo, we through some rat poison down there and now need to wait a few weeks for the pest control guys to come and give us the thumbs up that they are gone. Uff da, good thing my mom doesn't read my blog. She is coming in a few weeks and I am not sure she would appreciate having pests gnawing at the floor boards under her feet! Sounds like I am pretty lax about this but really, I have been so freaked/grossed out about the whole thing that I am now just trying to talk about it like it is no big deal. The joys of buying an old house I guess. More later...

2 Comments:

Blogger Corey said...

Love this piece, Erika!! I'm considering bidding... I recognize the little boy as one of the images I sent you-ha ha!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Lost Aussie said...

Thanks to our cats we don't have anymore live critters but we have found plenty of "old" ones left behind by the previous owners!! We had to fix the dishwasher the other day and so pulled out all the old baseboards and found a number of crusty specimens..not nice, so I can empathise!

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home