availspace Available Space: Detox and non-productivity

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Detox and non-productivity


I decided to finally do it. After months of contemplating, I have decided to detox, right in time for summer. Now, as I write this half asleep after two afternoon naps, am wondering why. Not only am I completely fatigued but I am also experiencing desperate caffeine withdrawl. The caffeine part really surprises me as I only have 1-2 cups a day and I don't drink other caffeine beverages. From what I can tell, 14 days should be enough to cleanse my body of its impurties and get me on track. Gosh I hope so! I have been having a problem with my intestial track (not going into detail here but you get the idea) which has resulted in extreme back and abdominal pain. If my body doesn't get better after depriving it of caffeine, sugar and all dairy products, I will throw in the towel and learn to live with my condition. Our vacation starts in just over 3 weeks - I see a light at the end of the tunnel!
Of course, the absolute worst part of all is that my studio has sat without any visitors for quite some time and even though I am desperate to get back in there again, my body isn't letting me. I walk in, take a brief look around, move some papers about, and then shut the door returning only to close a window or gather dirty coffee cups. They say week two should bring more energy, smooth skin, silky hair not to mention a few less pounds. Gosh, I hope this is worth it!

2 Comments:

Blogger jennifer black said...

Good luck with the no-caffeine. I tried once but couldn't take the headaches. And now they say coffee's good for you. No looking back for me.

I love this shot of your studio. How about a play-by-play of one of your collages? That would be really cool to see.

Get some rest!

Jennifer

2:36 PM  
Blogger Erika Tysse said...

thanks dear! Rest is something that I get a lot of being that I don't have energy to do anything else!!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home