availspace Available Space: Wicked Stepmother

Friday, April 21, 2006

Wicked Stepmother

Ah yes, my stepmother. I've got one, have had one now for over half my life. She pretty much showed up, unannounced, scooped up my Dad whom I had pretty much had all to myself and married him, bringing along two children as well. They were pretty much the same age as me, which meant that I now had more than just one sister to compete with, I had two more I had to SHARE with! Yep, it was quite some childhood...

Feel sorry for me?

Well don't! My goodness, she spoils me rotten! Look what I got in the mail yesterday! Who hoo! I receive these little packages every once in awhile with old papers and photos she discovers at yard sales. This batch was even cooler than the last as it had a wonderful stack of old calendar pages from 1928 and a bunch of old pictures which appear to be ones she had picked out one by one as they are all useable! I was feeling sort of in a rut, looking through my stuff and not finding anything that sparked even the slightest inspiration. Now I've got it! You're the best, stepmom!

I have been so busy, not only with a 11 month year old but with various other commitments that I haven't had a chance to do anything for fun for quite some time. Now that I have a little breather, I have updated my site with a few pieces I have available as well as recycled some older 4" collages that were rather unsuccessful and am currently planning to list them on ebay. Here is a peak:

(click on pictures to go directly to auction)

Happy Weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger Corey said...

ooh, those calendar pages are so cool!

7:19 AM  
Blogger jennifer black said...

Good work, girl! You know I'm going to have to go for one of them.... Can you guess which one? ;-)

3:36 PM  
Blogger tiffini elektra x said...

Oh yea! So glad to see you have stuff on eBay again. You art is so wonderful and unique - sorely missed! Also - fantastic calender pages. I can not wait to see what you do with them.

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home