availspace Available Space: a beautiful weekend

Sunday, April 30, 2006

a beautiful weekend

Ok, I know it, I'm spoiled. After a fabulous weekend three weeks ago in Stockholm with some girlfriends, you would think that I had had enough traveling. Nope! It was already time for a short trip down to Copenhagen with my Mom for some shopping and sightseeing!

I have been there many times before. You see, my sister in law lives there which makes it convenient (not to mention affordable) to go down there from time to time. I pretty much have the same routine each time - eat good food, drink great coffee and shop a full two days (if not three!). Many of the shops are the same as we have here in Norway but because Copenhagen is so large, the speciality shops tend to outweigh the chains and you can find some fantastic items.


This time, I decided to try something different and go to a flea market. Oh my! It was a dream! Anything you can imagine at give-away-prices! Boxes and boxes of cabinet photos for a buck each, old games, junque, you name it. My only regret was not having a few more arms and an extra day! I did score some old game picture cards (seen below), fantastic old pictures in authentic frames and a huge candleholder (I nabbed that for 10 bucks!). Hard to tell from the photo, but it stands about 2 feet! Hmm, where am I going to put this?

No trip can be complete for me without a trip to one of my favorite shops, Søsterene Grene and stock up on cheap canvases and other stuff for
my house that I don't need. Big spools of silk ribbon for just over a dollar each and canvases? Oh my, 4" for less than a dollar and my new, favorite size, 4" x 6" for just over dollar! I usually buy as many I can get in to my suitcase and then go back later to buy another bag that I can carry on. This time, because I bought so much at the flea market, had to settle for less than usual, but still was able to squeeze in about 20 canvases of various sizes.
Copenhagen is a fantastic place and everytime I am there, I am reminded at how much I miss the big city. So much excitement!

3 Comments:

Blogger Corey said...

oh,you lucky girl, to have such a reliable place to find treasures!! I wish I had a place like that- somewhere I know I'll always come back with something great!

6:21 PM  
Blogger jennifer black said...

Holy cow--cookies and travel? You've got it made, girl. What a fun lot of items you nabbed. Happy creating! Jennifer

5:20 PM  
Blogger tiffini elektra x said...

Wow those cards are awesome. The band with red jackets - that is so fabulous. The candleholder is gorgeous! Too cool you are so lucky to have such amazing places so close to you. I can not wait to see what you create from all that lovely treasure.

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home