availspace Available Space: Rats!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rats!


My "I will do it tomorrow" has turned in to almost a month!  I have been busy working on (and thinking about) the up and coming exhibition and workshop in Denmark in September.  I have completed a Jacob's Ladder book, based on a Shel Silverstein poem entitled "Rain".  This piece measures 4" x 6" and is done on book board.  Read more about CON-TEXT and some fantastic Nordic book artists in our wordpress blog here.

Otherwise, busy with unexpected home improvement projects.  We have had some unwelcomed guests in our home (rats!) and have had guys in tearing out ceilings and walls.   The good news is that I will be able to create a studio for myself from the ground up and have twice the space I have now.  Something to look forward to in the Fall!



6 Comments:

Blogger Dans på roser... said...

Hei Erika! Nå er det år og dag siden sist jeg var innom deg.
Håper alt er vel, ser slik ut.
Du skaper mye vakkert hele tiden, du! =)

Du tror kanskje jeg er sprø, og det er muligens riktig også... men altså; jeg lovte deg for tider og evigheter siden, at jeg skulle legge ut kjøkkenbilder. Det skulle ta sin tid.... *hoooooost*
Har laget et innlegg om kjøkkenet vårt nå.

Jeg stikker innom deg igjen om ikke altfor lenge.
Klemmer, Kathrin.

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to see you are up and running, gal! yeah! what is the upcoming thing in denmark about?? i want details!! and i'm browsing through "mixed emulsions"..and THERE OU ARE AGAIN! you are so famous..........(o; oxoxxoxo

6:48 PM  
Blogger Seth said...

This book looks so, so cool!

5:44 AM  
Blogger Susan Tuttle said...

I am loving your book Erika!

and a new studio in the fall sounds blissful:)

xo

3:58 AM  
Blogger juliaD said...

Hi erica,
I loove your work so much, and was just wondering what you mean by waxed pastel, do you use professional wax encaustic method always, or can you use wax crayons?...I would love to give it a try without having to buy all the professional stuff?...xx...Julia

2:03 AM  
Blogger Julie Brooks said...

I miss your more frequent blog posts! =(
I hope you had a fantastic holiday....sounds like it was memorable.

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home