availspace Available Space: CON-TEXT, 26. September

Thursday, September 17, 2009

CON-TEXT, 26. September

Next weekend is the opening of the CON-TEXT exhibit in Silkeborg, Denmark. I will be leaving early next week to spend some time in Copenhagen with my dear sis in law before taking the train across the country for the show. Looking so forward to meeting other artists "from the north" (Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark). This show focuses on artists books and promises to hold many different interpretations of the subject.

The piece above, "RE-collections" is a reconstruction of an old photo album. I re-assembled the book, fixed the pages and filled it with collage.
.......................................................................

The next piece was one I created after collecting all my memorabilia from my summer vacation.
These pieces were assembled into an accordion style book and mounted in a French cookie tin.

Our main project, a paper suitcase, is drying as we speak. I will share that before I leave. :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love art journals, as well. tell us more!! and more pics of your travels once you get there........xoxox

7:44 PM  
Blogger peggyln said...

Let us know how it goes in Copenhagen. Love your art journals.

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erika!

Look forward to see you AND your works LIVE - in another few days! Have just mailed you a list of materials for the workshop! HAnne

11:36 AM  
Blogger bobbione8y said...

Erika, those are gorgeous!!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Julie Brooks said...

I am in love with the cover of that RE-collections book! I would love to see some of the inside. =) The travel journal in the tin is a FABULOUS idea. I'm adding that to my list of to-do!
Hope your trip is a success. Looking forward to hearing about it when you return.

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home