Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Monday, January 22, 2007
art for sale
Sunday, January 14, 2007
Let there be light
I am so sun thirsty. Since our return home we have been met with rain, wind and darkness. With every glimpse of sun, a storm usually follows and day seems to never begin. I am tired and lack any motivation to do anything. With only about 6 hours of daylight anyway, I can't tell you how much I await Spring. In addition, it is so unseasonably warm here in the Artic, with not a spot of snow and above zero temperatures every day.
In other news, I have the best on line friends ever. Tiffini X is by far the coolest chick on the planet and I was blessed with some fab prezzies from her last week. If you haven't seen or ordered her handmade stuff, you need to, it is all very professional and very cool.
In more other news, I have been working on small canvas pieces, some that may go right to some local shops. The shabby chick look is big here in Norway and I have made some piece to follow the trend. Here is a new shabby piece...
My site is updated with NEW WORK and I try to add the newest pieces as they are finished. Take a look if it interests you. Always appreciate your opinion, postive or negative. Thanks!
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Thursday, January 04, 2007
after a long absence
Happy new year! Time has once again gotten the best of me and I now feel behind with everything! I am home after 3 brief weeks in the US. It is amazing how fast time goes and my long list of things to accomplish while I was there seems to be in my bag with very few things crossed off. The biggest downer was not being able to have a lot of ME time but I did get to spend quality time with family, something I am thankful for.
In other news, I have decided to revamp my website and create a storefront for those customers who check my site often for available art. I will occasionally try and get something up on ebay and etsy just to keep those folks satisfied and keep my work fresh.
Many of you are on pins and needles when it comes to the shop. Things are moving slowly but surely and even though my "plan of attack" seems to be quite well thought out, finding a locale in town for a price I can afford seems out of reach. I am contemplating starting classes somewhere to get the word out but am lacking the motivation right now. Hopefully this new year will bring me much inspiration!
And finally, I was tagged by Stacie ages ago and thought I would end this post with a few interesting weird facts about me:
1. Like many folks, I am not crazy about talking on the phone! I would rather send 10 emails or 50 text messages then pick up the phone for a 5 minute conversation.
2. I prefer to go to the bathroom with the lights out. Thank goodness I am not a man.
3. I am a horrible saleswoman. I have to always give away something for free with a purchase or discount shipping or quote prices for my work that is at least 30% of what I had originally thought. It is a little bit of not feeling worthy and also that I feel art should be affordable for everyone to enjoy.
4. I dislike selling my work however, I DO like the satisfaction of making the sale. Having to create commissioned pieces and then having to present them to the customer for their "ok" is something I find a bit nervewracking and extremely uncomfortable.
5. I am a compulsive nail biter. I have tried to grow them out but with just a bit of nail, I go nuts and tear them off. I was once told that I had "artists hands". I interpretted this as "ugly".
Wish you all a fantastic New Year!