availspace Available Space: a lovely weekend

Monday, July 02, 2007

a lovely weekend

We have been reserving our Sundays for cabin searching. We are desperate for something in Southern Norway as the weather is warmer and the towns are charming. Didn't make much progress this Sunday however we did take a different way home and discovered a lot of hidden treasures. These wooden houses are remnants from a small society located here in the early 1800's. Notice how the overhang protects the houses from the elements? I can see that they look a little like doll houses in this picture. They were beautiful and I took the opportunity to take a lot of close pictures to use in future work. I realized that we don't often take advantage of what we have right outside our own back door! When was the last time you were in a tourist in your own home town?

3 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

that looks like an incredible spot...maybe a bit rustic for my vacationing taste, though.

don't get me wrong, i love roughing it out in the woods from time to time, but if i were thinking abou buying a cottage i'd want running water and electricity.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are absolutely adorable!
Could you imagine having a studio there to escape to???? oh how cool would that be!

10:37 PM  
Blogger A bird in the hand said...

I want one!

Cabin, I mean. But I'd gladly take the cutie-pies too! haha!

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home