availspace Available Space: a little progress everyday...

Saturday, June 02, 2007

a little progress everyday...

Man, I work slow. I wake up in the morning with a list of all the things I am going to accomplish art wise and end up with something one fourth finished. I have had a little time to play with my Gocco though and made some personalized stationary however, I have no idea when I will actually use these...

On another note, just finished hanging up some fixtures to keep all of our shoes in by the front door. I was in need of some new art but couldn't seem to figure out what I was going to put there. I decided I would take a trip to Ikea and buy a frame and then make something to fit it. I ended up buying a finished framed trio of sepia prints that looked like this out of the frame:

If you know me, then you know that I can not have a mass produced poster on my walls, so I thought with a little work, I could make it into something one-of-a-kind. This is what I ended up with:

Don't tell, ok?

4 Comments:

Blogger jennifer black said...

Wow--cool art. I love how you altered those prints.

And ... I have an idea: You can send *me* a letter on your new stationary. ;-)

jb

3:57 PM  
Blogger Corey said...

lovely stationary!! And I'm with you on not hanging mass-produced anything on the walls...

4:32 PM  
Blogger sf said...

Fab, darling!!
sarah

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this looks so cool - love what you did with the prints !

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home