availspace Available Space: My new baby and goodbye to an old friend

Monday, October 30, 2006

My new baby and goodbye to an old friend

Ah ha! That got your attention, didn't it? Last week, we were overjoyed to welcome the newest addition to the Tysse family, our brand new laptop. 17 inches of pure widescreen, crystal clear enjoyment. I feel like I gained a couple of extra hours to my day! It is so fast and so efficient! And the best part, the battery lasts for more than 5 minutes! Ok, so I am having to get used to this darn Norwegian keyboard with its extra 3 letters not to mention all the other little doodads that are moved about.



I am feeling a bit sentimental saying goodbye to my old trusty pal, my Dell 2650, who has been nothing but good to me the past 3 years. I will still keep it around as it will take ages to get everything off it that I want, but it won't be in full operation anymore. The screen is barely hanging on after being dropped a couple of times and many of the keys don't work properly after years of medium and paint being spilt on it. It has been nothing but a pure joy to work on and I say, happy trails my good friend.

In other news, the items for the Christmas fair are in the works and I did make some of the microscope slide ornaments that everyone and their brother makes. I really don't enjoy the soldering thing, but they are always a bit hit here as they are still new and exciting to the Norwegians. Here is how I will display them. I love these red tree branches!

I will also have some jewelry with the brass charm pendants like this:

I will also have the standard 4" framed canvases and cards. Oh, and if any of you are in the area, here is the info...

See you there ?

6 Comments:

Blogger jennifer black said...

Too cool--not the computer (although I'm sure it is to you) but the charms and pendants! Lovely, as always.

Any recommendations on soldering tools? I'm late to the party, but want to learn.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Debbie Overton said...

The ornaments are gorgeous hanging on the red limbs. Best of Luck at the Christmas Fair. Debbie O

4:30 AM  
Blogger katie said...

your pendants and charms are wonderful - and i love your display idea. no doubt you will do very well!!

3:24 AM  
Blogger primdollie said...

Oh yes a new toy is always a welcome thing!!! I was so thrilled when we finally got broadband I was nearly giggley!!!and I still have a great computer so no new ones yet!!
and LOVE the charms and the necklace is wonderful!! what beautiful beads!! and sure wish I could come to the show!!! but at least I get to see your work here!!!thanks for sharing!!

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hej Erika

mener du virkelig jeg skal sende din 12-Days-of-Christmas-pakke til USA???

Mange hilsner fra Hanne

6:33 PM  
Blogger A bird in the hand said...

Just beautiful. The display tree is gorgeous. I'm sure you'll do very well at the Christmas Fair. I have one coming up in Toronto on the 25th. Hope we both sell out!

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home