availspace Available Space: blast from the past

Monday, April 26, 2010

blast from the past

I have been a bit worried the past months. I have backed up my portfolio over the past 8 or so years but after the move, I haven't been able to find the CDs. Finally, one turned up and I have had a great time going back and seeing some of these really old pieces.

I never had a problem selling them, but now, when I look at some of my favorites I have a tiny regret. Of course, I can't hold on to everything and the thought that, "I could always make it again if I really wanted to" is there but we all know that I would never recreate a piece again.


It is also a perfect opportunity to see how much I have developed and grown the past years. When I look at these pieces, the feeling comes back at how insecure I was, a feeling that has gone now with the hundreds of pieces created since this time.




2 Comments:

Blogger Lost Aussie said...

A lovely little retrospective! Its always interesting to look back and see how we have changed and grown. Regardless of when you created your work it is always inspiring for me!

5:54 PM  
Blogger A bird in the hand said...

Same thing here!
We're supposed to grow and it's a good thing, too!

Your work has always been lovely.
xo

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home